Looking to bake something sweet and satisfying, yet 100% fat free in the middle? 😉
Well, it’s time to channel your inner Martha Stewart because you’re making DONUTS! A great pick-me-up and every LA native’s guilty pleasure!
Kick off the weekend with a yummy treat and a glass of rose because on the weekend… we donut believe in diets!!
What You Need // Yields 12 donuts
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspns baking powder
- 1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1 tspn salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tblspn butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Spray a donut pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.
Frosting Recipe: (on the sugary side)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tblspns milk
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract (make sure you use a clear one, otherwise it will color the frosting)
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use glaze immediately to preserve the consistency.
- Dip the donuts into a bowl with the frosting in a circular motion.
- Add desired sprinkles.