Keeping my summer diet fresh and colorful!
For those days you want something sweet, but don’t want the breakouts or high sugar content—this mango coconut chia seed parfait is a perfect remedy for that. This light & yummy meal will make you feel anything but guilty.
Personally, I think this parfait is a total breakfast delight. Ingredients like chia seeds, coconut, & coconut milk are healthy fats that keep us full longer without giving us that tired food coma feeling. To me, this is an ideal breakfast if you are looking to have a filling meal to last you till lunch or if you are in desperate need to change up that daily oatmeal. Eating healthy doesn’t always have to be bland! It can be just as fun, colorful, & tasty.
Did I mention this treat is also Vegan and Gluten-Free!? You’re welcome LA people.
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp shredded coconut
- 5-6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- fresh mango, diced and chilled
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, chia seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix once more, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (for best results, refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the bowl with the pudding from the fridge about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Layer some pudding into the bottom each of 2 or 3 serving glasses. Layer some diced fresh mango on top of the pudding layer. Alternate layers of chia pudding and freshly diced mango until glasses are filled to the top, ending with freshly diced mango.
- Top with some shredded coconut and serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.