I’m heading South of the Border tomorrow & couldn’t resist making a brief packing guide for Mexico! Given I have been to Mexico at least 8 or 10 times in my life– I think I got the outfit selections down to a tee.
- Keep it vibrant in your wardrobe. Mexico is the country of color and patterns. The culture is spicy and zestful. Your outfits should reflect the same ideals. Think color palette: red, orange, turquoise.
- Pack items that feel light and airy. The weather can be hot and sticky, which doesn’t make it ideal for foot travel. That is why you want to pack things that can breath and are lightweight. Think dresses, tunics, and rompers.
- Bring lots of white colored clothes. Imagine a fresh tan, sunkissed hair, and a white off the shoulder with some jean high waisted shorts… Yes, please! (white clothes & tan skin: dynamic duo)
- Break out your best bikinis. Since you’ll either be beachin’ it or layin’ poolside, the perfect set of bikinis is a high priority. I usually like bringing my colorful and patterned bikinis when I go to Mexico
- && cover ups, straw hats, strappy sandals, and side purses are a necessity when going to fiesta nation.
** You can click on the peach packing items to get some inspiration.