Things I hope to never do before I die…
Life is too short. Before you know it, adult hood approaches & the years start to go by way too quickly. Because of this, we are encouraged to create “bucket lists” to ensure that we live our lives to the fullest. But, have you ever thought about creating a list of things you don’t want to do before you pull the plug? There are a few things I hope I will never have to do in my lifetime– most of them being activities I’m afraid of or things I just don’t feel like wasting my time with tbh.
Below is my Anti Bucket List.
- Public speak in front of a crowd of people: You would think that since I have a blog, I’m an Aries, & normally an extrovert– that I would love public speaking. Nope. I absolutely hate public speaking & get major anxiety from it. It’s almost like watching a train wreck when watching me present a speech. It’s painful to watch, but you just can’t look away. I already had to endure a full semester of a public speaking class in college & I feel that is all the embarrassment I can handle for this lifetime.
- Go to Six Flags: (Spare me the judgment.) I have never been, have never wanted to, & will never go to Six Flags. Don’t get me wrong, I like amusement parks but I’m very picky when it comes to my roller coasters. The coasters at Six Flags are too high, too sketchy, & hearing about all those people that get stuck at the top… just count me out! Not to mention, I wouldn’t be able to handle the intense drop feeling you get while plummeting.
- Bungee jump: As stated above, the drop feeling is what is stopping me from doing this too. It does seem like a really exhilarating & amazing experience. However, I don’t feel like I can ever get over the risk of potentially having the bungee snap midair or the possibility of hitting the bottom. (Sky diving or hang gliding is something I will actually consider doing one day… maybe.)
- Get served jury duty: Only because every time someone gets a letter from jury duty, their expression suddenly becomes solemn (as if they just received the worst news possible). I don’t know too much about jury duty –except that it is usually associated with adjectives like boring, useless, time consuming, & long. I’d rather avoid doing wasteful things like this when I can be doing something much more enjoyable. Let’s see how long I can avoid this.
- Visit Australia: Before you say, “omg are you crazy it’s so beautiful there”.. the reason I don’t care to go strictly has nothing to do with the people or the scenery. I would love to go to Australia if… it wasn’t inhabited with some of the worlds most dangerous animals & insects! You probably already know by now how deathly afraid of spiders I am. Well, in Australia it is a common situation to find a huge 2 foot tarantula chilling up in your ceiling. Plus, they have the most shark attacks along their shores than any where else. Not to mention, they also are home to 21 out of the 25 most venomous snakes in the world (who happen to sneak into your toilets at times). Need I say more.
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: This one is so random, but I just happened to think about it while I was on a hike one day. I think its safe to say that I can totally live without climbing one of the worlds largest mountains. I get cold easily, I get hungry (starving) every 2 hours, & I am incredibly clumsy. So either I would freeze to death, starve to death, or slip & fall off the edge of the mountain– either way I know I wouldn’t survive lol. I’ll just leave this to the professionals.
After reading my Anti Bucket List, I encourage you to make your own! Would love to hear about some experiences you feel you could def live without!